Malaysian Cake Decorators' Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donation to MyCakeDeco Club
Your contributions mean a lot to us. Click here to find out how you could help the continuity of this forum.
Latest topics
» MCDC Year End Party
by Inamohde Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm

» MCDC Meet #10 at the Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia
by Alannia Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

» Jo, our admirer
by sharanspice Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am

» MCDC Meeting Rescheduled - All Members To Note
by Jo Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

» MCDC Meet #9 - A Vegetarian Themed Gathering
by molly Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:55 pm

» how long does a orange butter cake can last???
by deepavic Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:45 pm

» MCDC Meet #8 - We will be at Pastry Pro this time!!!
by louis Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am

» MCDC on Kuali
by TraceyChooi Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:55 am

» Festivities Cookie Decoration Contest 2010 Entrants - RESULT
by beginner Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 am

» MCDC Meet #7
by Jo Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:08 pm

» Festivities Cookie Decoration Contest 2010
by Najat Ahmad Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 am

» Garage Sale at MCDC Meet #7
by Jo Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm

+4
cindytan
innerviena
belindateng
Jo
8 posters

Go down

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Empty MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm

Post by Jo Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:33 pm

As mentioned, MCDC will be celebrating its 1st Anniversary on 4th July, 09 (sat). The moderators are excited about the programs we have come out with in conjuction with the celebration. Come join us!

FUN RULES just in case you have forgotten from our previous meet:

FUN RULE 1: All members must LOG IN and put down their names in this thread. Reserving seats for others is NOT ALLOWED.

FUN RULE 2: Non-members wil be put on waiting list and allocation of seat is subject to confirmation 2 days before the event. Please check seat availability at the forum 1-2 days before the event.

MCDC 1st Anniversary/ Meet #5
Date : 4th July, 09 (Sat)
Time : 2 - 5 pm
Venue : Jasmine Block A, Jasmine Tower, SS2, PJ
Fee : RM 40

Agenda:

1. MCDC Color Theme Day – Time to dig out your lime green and orange T-shirt from your wardrobe. An optional part to cheer up the event even more!
2. MCDC Apron – All proceeds from the selling of MCDC Aprons will go MCDC Club Fund.
3. Gift exchange – The last time you had this gift exchange game could be during the uni days? Let’s revive this delightful tradition as we are always a bunch of YOUNG people! To participate, please bring a gift worth approx. RM 15.
4. Demonstration on Jelly Cake - Have you ever wondered how 3D flowers like sunflowers, calla lilies and daisies can be made out of jelly? Come join the demostration on Jelly Cake by Renugadevi and see how this special technique can be done.
5. Miniature Wedding Cake award presentation and masterpiece showcase – An event not to be missed.
6. Garage sale – Double, Triple of the same set of cutters? One man’s rubbish can be another man’s treasure. Members will get to sell their unwanted stuff on that day. More details cab be found in this thread.
7. Food, Food and Food - A cake community event will not be complete without. Come enjoy the food we have specially prepared for you and get a chance to meet and chat with all fellow decorators.

Tempted? Leave your name here.

Map and directions:
Due to shortage of visitor parking, please park your cars at the roadside outside of Jasmin Tower. Let the guards know that you are attending the MCDC function, they will let you in without having to sign in. Head to Jasmin A's lobby. Turn right at the lobby and look for the community hall. Margaret and the moderators will be there early to greet everybody hug kissing

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Jasmin10

Last edited by Jo on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jo
Jo
Admin

Female
Libra Number of posts : 3699
Competitions : MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Empty
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://jodelibakery.netfirms.com/

Back to top Go down

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Empty Re: MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm

Post by belindateng Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 am

Jo, I don't own any lime green or orange coloured clothing. I don't think I have the mood or time to shop these days (my gran is not well), so can I be exempted from the colour scheme?
belindateng
belindateng
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female
Aquarius Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-07-29

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belle_creations/

Back to top Go down

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Empty Re: MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm

Post by Jo Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Of course belinda, it's an option. How is hubby getting on?
Jo
Jo
Admin

Female
Competitions : MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by belindateng Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Ooops, sorry Jo. Just noticed the 'optional' part after reading your reply. I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I read the post.

Mom and hubby are ok. Gran lost more than 5kg in two weeks though, so need to do tests to find out if the cancer has spread...
belindateng
belindateng
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female
Aquarius Number of posts : 357

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belle_creations/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:20 am

You take care yourself ok. YOu must take care of yourself before you can take care of your grandma.
Jo
Jo
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by innerviena Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:29 pm

belinda u take care ya..hope ur gran will be ok soon:)

Jo, really look forward for e partayyy,i closed order on e 4th just to be with all of u.. see u thr:)
innerviena
innerviena
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female
Pisces Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://cupcakesbydatinmaryzain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Inn, you have too many orders. You flied kite twice already so you better make sure you will turn up this time ya Mad Otherwise I will set you!!!!
Jo
Jo
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindytan Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi Jo,
Great to be back into this website. Trust all is well with you..This fun day sounds interesting..Hope to meet with you sometime..Cindy

cindytan
Kitchen Assistant
Kitchen Assistant

Female
Pisces Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by yatt Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Jo wrote:3. Gift exchange – The last time you had this gift exchange game could be during the uni days? Let’s revive this delightful tradition as we are always a bunch of YOUNG people! To participate, please bring a gift worth approx. RM 15.

Map and directions:

MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm Jasmin10

hi,

cant wait to meet u all this saturday but i need some help especially on the direction. frankly, i'm an alien to PJ area. the last time i tried to go to icca sec14, i ended up at the other side of federal highway Razz
can someone tell me how to get there from the federal highway? can either be from KL/ shah alam

and on the gift part - what do u all normally bring? must it be baking tools/ anything to do w cake-ing thingy?
yatt
yatt
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female
Scorpio Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellikonia

Back to top Go down

Post by coleslaw Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:06 pm

yatt,
from federal highway..
go towards the old jaya supermarket( should be on your left). head towards the rothmans roundabout. do a 12 o clock. take the left turn. go further up towards the first of traffic lights. i'm not sure if you can do a U turn there. if not just go into that road and come back out again. so you are essentially going in the opposite direction of where you came.
take the first left and keep going in. jasmine tower is on yr right.

if you are coming from shah alam and if you can use the NKVE and exit damansara toll, i can wait for you along that stretch and lead you in. it's an easier route. let me know.
coleslaw
coleslaw
Wedding Cake Designer
Wedding Cake Designer

Female
Libra Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Najat Ahmad Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Yatt, the gift-exchange gift need not be cake related. Anything will do - so long as they are legal by law Very Happy

How to get there? if from Shah Alam, get out at Damansara toll and drive straight from the toll to the first traffic lights under the flyover (passed Damansara Utama area where you'll see many slimming centers on your left).
Take right to SS2 and you will be on LDP once you do that. Stay on your left and take the sloping turn on your first left and you will see the SS2 Fire Station.
A short drive pass the bomba and take left and left again at the end of the road where the school is (see above map). You will see condos and Jasmine Tower is the last block of condos there.

Anyone you can car pool with? or convoy with?
Najat Ahmad
Najat Ahmad
Wedding Cake Designer
Wedding Cake Designer

Female
Aquarius Number of posts : 1417
Competitions : MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm EFPrbKfpAQ
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by yatt Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:54 pm

thanks
from this map
http://www.itis.com.my/itis/images/pj.gif
i think it's easier for me to follow coleslaw's direction (too bad LDP is also an alien highway to me pale )
meaning i have to enter thru Jln 19/8 is it? but how come i dont see SS2/72 on the map eh?

hmmm...it'll be a challenge to me whether i can make it by 2 he..he... Scared
yatt
yatt
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Iskandar Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi all...esp Yatt Smile
Try to get direction by using google map at

http://maps.google.com.my

just enter your house add & destination add...& tadaa...u'll get suggested routes to go to your destination address

Hope this helps!

p/s...i'm using my 2-legged GPS man to go there, hehehe
Nina Iskandar
Nina Iskandar
Piping Expert
Piping Expert

Female
Leo Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://seafrostcupcakes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Najat Ahmad Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:04 am

hahahaha Nina .. 2-legged GPS man ... does he know you call him that?
BTW are you sure its 2-legged ??? laughing non-stop

p/s my ride is the same species as yours Razz
Najat Ahmad
Najat Ahmad
Wedding Cake Designer
Wedding Cake Designer

Female
Aquarius Number of posts : 1417
Competitions : MCDC 1st Anniversary Celebration/ Meet #5 - 4th July (Sat), 2-5 pm EFPrbKfpAQ
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by yatt Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 am

nina kissing
that google thingy is soooo cool and helpful. i never knew (or just being ignorant) we can get driving directions from there
ha..ha... now i cant help myself from playing with it. cheers

btw, coleslaw has offered me her towing service just in case i couldnt find my way there Smile
yatt
yatt
Junior Cake Decorator
Junior Cake Decorator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down